Last night, Mayor Bloomberg invited the New York tech and startup community to Gracie Mansion in celebration of NYC’s thriving technology industry.
Speaking as someone who started his own tech company before they even invented the term “tech company,” let me say: I’m your biggest fan.
Between 2007 and 2010, the number of people working at New York City digital media companies grew by 74%. Furthermore, New York City was the only region in the nation to have an increase in venture capital funding to tech companies from 2007 to 2011. And today, the New York City metro area is number one for job growth in the mobile app industry.
Over the course of the evening, hundreds of technology entrepreneurs, creators, thinkers and leaders filled Gracie Mansion and discussed the growing tech scene in NYC with the Mayor. Scroll through the Storify to see tweets from guests last night.
26 Notes/ Hide
- gaymansguietostraightgirlfriends likes this
- aliciacmillington reblogged this from nycedc
- aliciacmillington likes this
- zackgilbert likes this
- kellythebruce reblogged this from nycedc and added:
- complexify likes this
- abnerg likes this
- huertanix likes this
- clofresh likes this
- biddykitty likes this
- audiophones likes this
- francesca-tioleco reblogged this from nycedc
- francesca-kim reblogged this from nycedc
- missu likes this
- kwilsonpr reblogged this from nycedc
- 1980plus7 likes this
- spineless-laugh likes this
- instagrammednewyork likes this
- plovghyourfood likes this