Top cities for technology start-ups
Some household names in technology start-ups, such as Tumblr and Foursquare, call New York City home. The City made USA Today’s Top 10 list of cities for technology startups for the availability of capital and City support of local entrepreneurs.
"We see a lot of companies start in New York with a real instinct for design."
- Matt Murphy, a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, a venture firm in San Francisco.
Mayor Bloomberg announced a $22 million fund for local tech start-ups amid other initiatives in the City that support entrepreneurs such as affordable work spaces, educational opportunities, and a number of programs aimed at connecting start-ups with industry mentors and business services.
Sources: National Venture Capital Association, Angel List
25 Notes/ Hide
- dreams-beds likes this
- decause reblogged this from nycedc
- shaneguiter likes this
- decause likes this
- mattsnowmusic reblogged this from nycdigital
- memegan likes this
- hola-leo reblogged this from nycdigital
- nondeterministicpolynomial likes this
- robinsworld likes this
- 15soul likes this
- classnumberten reblogged this from nycdigital
- tammydavid likes this
- enjieb likes this
- nycdigital reblogged this from nycedc
- mindcloudes reblogged this from nycedc and added:
- latoya21 likes this
- ljupkaiv likes this
- locaid reblogged this from nycedc
- locaid likes this
- mitchanan reblogged this from nycedc
- misou-love likes this
- seekingenglish likes this
- bobbycaputo likes this
- taiwanderlust likes this
- lupichan reblogged this from nycedc
- nycedc posted this