Internet Week NY: May 14-21
We’re getting excited for Internet Week NY, coming up later this month, which celebrates the ever-changing digital landscape in New York through almost 200 citywide networking events, meetups, panels, conferences, hack days, and more. NYCEDC is hosting the following Internet Week panel along with NYC DoITT, focusing on the annual NYC BigApps competition and how it relates to the City’s overall efforts to promote innovation and open government. We hope you’ll join us! Please RSVP here and find more information below.
NYC BigApps: Civic Hacking, Startup Success
When: Thursday, May 17, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: The Space, Inc. at Chelsea Market, 75 9th Avenue, 6th Fl., New York
Rachel Sterne, New York City’s Chief Digital Officer, will introduce the panel:
- Kristy Sundjaja, Senior Director, Head of Industry Transformation, NYCEDC (moderator)
- Joel Natividad, Co-Founder, Ontodia
- Andrew Rasiej, Chairman, New York Tech Meetup
- Robert Richardson, Director of Strategic Technology Development, NYC DoITT
- Dan Robinson, Head of Product, Roadify
- Steve Rowe, Chief Revenue Officer, MyCityWay
NYC BigApps, in addition to other groundbreaking City-sponsored initiatives, is becoming a catalyst for startups and helping spur incredible growth in entrepreneurship across the City—from Chelsea to Brooklyn, and soon, Roosevelt Island. Join several BigApps winners, judges, City officials, and City-based technology experts to hear how BigApps helps spawn new start-ups and foster the open data movement in New York—and find out what is in store for NYC’s emerging culture of innovation.
For more Open Data events at Internet Week, don’t miss these panels hosted by NYC DoITT:
- NYC Open Data: Unlock It!
When: Wednesday May 16, 1:00 to 1:45pm
Where: 82 Mercer Street, New York
This is a brief session to introduce the policies and technical standards related to opening up NYC government data. Note: You will need an Internet Week HQ Pass to attend this session.
- Open Data Policy Hack Day
When: Saturday May 19, 11:00am to 4:00pm
Where: Pivotal Labs, 841 Broadway, 8th Floor, New York
Join NYC DoITT’s team from the Office of Strategic Technology Development and the open government community – policymakers, technologists, civic hackers, app developers, academics, journalists and data enthusiasts – for an engaging half-day of discussions, drafting, planning and hacking.
10 Notes/ Hide
- newsweek likes this
- jcmorrone reblogged this from nycedc
- 15almera likes this
- marksbirch likes this
- blkidfrmcaptplt reblogged this from nycedc
- brooklynisbetter reblogged this from nycedc and added:
- techerous likes this
- notable likes this
- suki-na-mirai reblogged this from nycedc and added:
- suki-na-mirai likes this
- nycdigital reblogged this from nycedc
- nycedc posted this