This Weekend in NYC
Here are 5 ways to get out in the City and enjoy the last weekend of July:
- Poetry: Saturday and Sunday, July 26th - 27th, 11 am - 6 pm. Get your poetry on this weekend as more than 60 literary organizations and 250 writers come together on Governor’s Island for this annual two-day celebration of all things poetic.
- Celebrate Harlem: Sunday, July 27th, 1 - 8 pm. Help kick off Harlem Week with this all-day festival featuring a fashion show, dance pieces and jazz, gospel and R&B performances at the General Grant National Memorial.
- Bike: Sunday, July 27th, 8 am - 4 pm. Join Brooklyn Greenway Initiative and partners for The Epic Ride this weekend. Enjoy views of the Brooklyn-Queens waterfronts on this 40-mile ride from Newtown Barge Playground to Rockaway Beach.
- Tour the High Line: Saturday, July 26th, 10 - 11 am. Take a free guided tour of the west side’s High Line elevated park. Get an insider’s perspective on the park’s history, design, and landscape.
- Un Film Français: Friday, July 25th, 8:30 pm. Head out to Transmitter Park in Greenpoint, Brooklyn to catch Le Magnifique, a french action-comedy classic.
Photo courtesy: Trista Sordillo